This article will guide you with step by step guidelines for configure a Stand – alone deployment by running the post – setup configuration wizard in a single server.
Prerequisites: Install FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
When to use:
- In product evaluation or demonstrations, a small-scale deployment with minimal administrative overhead.
- In development environment or test environment.
Installation steps to follow:
- Click on Start and run Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint Configuration Wizard as local administrator.
- On the Welcome page, Click Next.
- On the Select the deployment type page, select Single server (Stand-alone) and then click Next.
- On the Enter the user name and password page, enter the user name and password for the FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint user. (Note: This user must be a domain user)
- On the Enter a certificate password page, enter a Certificate password of your choice. (Note: This password will be used to protect the general purpose FAST Search certificate. You will need this password to install certificates on other servers).
- On the Server settings page, enter the fully qualified domain name of the server and the base port. A deployment file will be generated automatically with all the settings configured. (Note: If you require a specific setup, you can create and use a custom deployment file)
- On the Database settings page, enter connection information to the SQL database that you installed and created before you installed FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
- Enter the Database connection string in the format <ServerName>\<DBInstanceName> (Example: mysqlserver1.contoso.com\myinstance).
- On the Click-through relevancy settings page, add the desired relevancy click-through settings. Select the relevant Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 installation type and click Next (Note: If you have installed SharePoint Server 2010 using the Standalone option, specify the Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN) of the SharePoint Server 2010. If you have installed SharePoint Server 2010 using the Server Farm option, specify the user who is running the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Timer Service. This user is specified in the SharePoint Server 2010 post-setup configuration.) If you do not want click-through relevancy, or if you do not have the necessary information, select Do not enable click-through relevancy.
- On the Configuration settings summary page, review the settings and then click Configure.
- On the Post-setup configuration was successful page, click Finish.
- Restart the Server.
NOTE: How to verify that all modules are running?
- Log in as a user who is a member of the local FASTSearchAdministrators group.
- Navigate to Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint.
- Right-click Microsoft FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint shell and select Run as administrator.
- At the Windows PowerShell command prompt, type the command, “nctrl status”.
- Make sure that all modules have the status Running.
(Next Step: You have now completed the initial configuration of a stand-alone deployment. To be able to crawl content by using the connector framework provided by SharePoint Server, Refer: “How to Create and set up the FAST Search Content Search Service Application (Content SSA) in FAST Search for SharePoint 2010”).